"Bangles" Jewelry Store in Tybee Island Georgia, "Crazy Cool Jewelry", Reasons to visit Tybee Island..

Bangles "Crazy Cool Jewelry", Tybee Island, Georgia

Congrats to Cathy! owner of new store Bangles in Tybee Island, Georgia for her Grand Opening yesterday July 1st!!  But where in the world is Tybee Island???  That's what I said when first asked if some of my jewelry could be part of this wonderful new endeavor...


I know visuals are always good...so here is a map! See the little red star way out there???  It's
 an island and city in Chatham County, Georgia near the city of Savannah in the southeastern United States. It is the easternmost point in the state of Georgia.  This 5-by-3-mile island beach town, even though it is a vacation destination it has managed to keep the "real " family and community feel.



Tybee (the Euchee word for salt) Island abounds in art, history and music...perfect vacation destination to just unwind and relax in the ocean breeze....and stroll through town, perhaps for those loving history explore 400 years of island history at the Tybee Island Museum.



An inside peek of Bangles...

And be sure to stop in and say hi at Bangles!  This new little jewelry stop destination is located at 1213 US Highway 80, STE C  .  If you are looking for cool unique one of a kind finds....you will find them here! 



I am definitely a lover of lighthouses...they are so romantic and full of mystery!  The Tybee Lighthouse is one of just a handful of 18th century lighthouses still in operation in North America...so be sure to stop by and take a pix!


And if at Bangles and you see,  well...SomethingSeaBlue!  Grab it!  its the only one of its kind :)  and it will be a good reminder of your coastal getaway made with bits of the sea... and then just for me since I love turtles!  Remember Tybee Island is home to two endangered turtle species and one "unusual" species. Loggerhead and leatherback turtles are endangered and like to nest in the sand found along the beaches of Tybee and Little Tybee Islands.  So watch where you step and when you are driving because nesting season is May 1 - Oct 31.

Last inside peek....

Now another interesting reason why I'm thrilled to be connected to Tybee Island is that it was the filming location for Nicholas Sparks last movie!  The Last Song.  I love all Nicholas Sparks books, probably because I love the beach, small coastal towns, turtles and lighthouses!  and he has all these elements in his books :)  for the most part...in fact I read the book Nights In Rodanthe and when I saw the awesome house on the beach used in the movie I had to go and see it for myself! So I dragged my kids from California and we did a road trip  down the east coast to the Outer Banks,  to the charming town of Rodanthe!  and yes I saw the house :)  and rode horses on the beach! Amazing and unforgettable...inspiring to say the least...  Okay anyways thats a whole other story... so back to the Last Song...


Wrapping up getting ready to say goodbye :)

Basically its a story about Steve, a former Juilliard School professor and concert pianist, now lives a quiet life in Tybee Island, the small Georgia beach town where he grew up, and he has a chance to reconnect with his estranged daughter, played by Miley Cyrus, when her and her brother spend the summer with their father.  Much of it occurring on the island's beach and pier and surrounded by her helping to preserve a family of sea turtles...   So watch the movie and it will just make you want to plan your next vacation to Tybee!


So what do you think??  Be adventurious and go somewhere you have never gone before...be inspired...   I think...that me, Bangles and Tybee Island were a match made in heaven :)


Bangles
1213 US Highway 80, STE C
Tybee Island, GA 31328



Comments

  1. I'm from Northeast Georgia and I love Tybee Island! It's a good 4 hour drive but such a great location :) This post makes me want to go back and check out the store while I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from santa catarina, brazil, and my dream is go to the tybee island with my future husband Cristian on the honeymoon. Can you give me information of the best hotels in the region? Follow me on the twitter if you have, @ariisavaris thank you for creating this blog, bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. phoenix diamond exchange

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts