Brass Jewelry.....Chemo Jewelry


Okay well brass jewelry time!!!  Gives a bit of a vintage antique appeal yes??  But....you say Chemo Jewelry??? What in the world is that???


Well as many of you know, my mother was diagnosed with Stage 4 Non Hodgkins Lymphoma last year at the age of 58.  So I have since closed my Bay Area seamstress business....formerly known as Seams Dreamy.  But that didnt mean closing down the creativity! 


Last October I opened up my Etsy stores in hopes of being able to "multi-task"  or juggle both roles as a business owner and helpful daughter :)  I relocated to my parents home on the Central Coast (California).  I have a wonderful home studio now...probably the prettiest sun-room studio Ive ever had!  As always relocating a business is always a bit difficult in a new area...so I am primarily trying to focus on my Etsy store


And I truly appreciate all my loyal faithful followers :).  Every three weeks my mom and I travel 3 hours away to LA to get her Chemo treatments, which takes two days.  And anyone of you that has had to undergo chemo or support a family member know it takes time...lots of time.  Although time well spent, I decided it was time I better continue to create! 


So now, I pack up all my jewelry supplies, camera, laptop and bring them along! My mom loves to make sure that our experience is not just about her Chemo, so she always looks up where the closest bead shop is and we make it part of our trip....we found this great little shop in Pasadena called Farrin O'Connor Design


They offer a wonderful selection of beads, supplies and have an awesome inspiring classroom! (see the website for class schedule)  and they have a very wonderful staff.  Very helpful and very nice people.  Anyways....yesterday we bought several of the beads in my latest creations shown here as well as all the brass findings....Blitzed the store in 40 minutes and raced to the office to get Chemo for mom.  and hours later this is what I was able to produce!


Not only was it a great way to spend my waiting time, but it was so fun!  Mom loves to watch me create, then she more than willingly offers her arm for "tryin on"  :)  she was even wearing one of my bracelets yesterday, she says they make her feel happy...she loves to inspect all the "real" stones and imagines being in the caves where they came from , mining for them...  one of her dreams she would like to do...  And her nurse was so excited to watch the production as well!  And together Davina (the nurse) and I came up with a wonderful idea for "Chemo" bracelets...which I will be working on within the next few weeks.  Or should I say....a round two of Chemo bracelets in addition to these ones today :)   So stay tuned for the new Chemo bracelets....they will represent the treatment woman battling cancer receive and will hopefully beautify and add positive happy thoughts to woman undergoing this type of treatment...so stay tuned!!  and as always...thanks for stopping by :)  Have a wonderful weekend!!

Comments

  1. Wonderful story and amazing way to make such a rough situation into a bonding time with your mom! Prayers for her and I will be watching for your next round of creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and uplifting story! It's terrific that you can create and it keeps your Mom's spirits up too. Treasure every minute and I'll be sending some healing vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much makinthebestofit and trusk4u for your comments and prayers and vibes :) I told my mom about your comments and she was very touched :) we keep smiling! stay tuned ! and I will treasure every moment....
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Talk about, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!" All the best to you and your mom. Holding positive thoughts that there's a speedy and full recovery/remission in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank u iknitquiltsew! we hope for speedy remission as well :) happy thoughts to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful post. I love your spirit and heart!!! I'm soooo happy for you, but miss you terribly! I hope to see you soon!! I'm your new follower! Hugz, Cyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts