It's All About Being "Connected"! Instagram...Pinterest...Facebook etc...

 
As if we don't have enough to do, now we need to worry about keeping up with all forms of "connecting" to the people and things we love!  Who needs a pen and paper or even stamps anymore!  You just have to have your smartphone, laptop, notebook or whatever it is you use to keep up....


 
When I first started my online business I actually took a 5 day online course on "social networking for your business".  With so many different sites its hard to choose which ones to belong to and maintain, especially if you are trying to make a go at "quitting your day job" and doing something that you are passionate about.  
 
 
 I mean come on....Twitter, Facebook, Digg, Wordpress, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, Tumblr, YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo, Bebo, Xing, Blogger, Technorati and the list goes on....so which one do you choose ??
 
 
As with anything, we all do well at choosing things we can relate to or "connect" to.  In the class I took it said pick 5 of your favorites, or ones that you feel comfortable navigating around.  If using it for promoting your business?  Do your research.  Choose the top 5 that are most popular and get the most attention and "learn" them so you can get the most benefit from them. 
 
I thought to myself....5!!  I can barely keep up with Facebook in my personal life!  The article said not to spend more than 20-30 minutes a day updating your 5 accounts and blogging.  The most important thing was regularity, not so much long posts.  When I did follow that and spend that amount of time daily or at least most days, I did increase my following quite quickly.  The key is regularity and that all depends on YOU and how quickly you want to "quit your day job". 
 
So here are 3 of my favorites.   Instagram, Pinterest and of course Facebook are all the rage right now.   I do have a Digg, Tumblr, Twitter and StumbleUpon account as well.  So give it a try...pick your favorites and let me know how it goes for you....don't forget to leave me a comment below...I love and appreciate your feedback!
 
OH! and one more thing...blogging, if you are trying to promote your business?  Google loves bloggers!   So get started today!
 
As always, STOP take some time to walk along the beach or nearest body of water :)   stay balanced and take time to relax and even though social networking is fun??   don't overdo it and forget to spend quality family time or time doing other constructive activities that inspire you...and then...write about it!   :)
 
Renee
of SomethingSeaBlue

Comments

  1. yes so much social networking I have a blog ( In My Painted Garden) Etsy , Twitter, Pinterest ,Facebook etc. & it is sooo hard to keep up with all of them !! Oh and I Love your jewelry !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article! Thanks Renee, it is always a treat to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts